Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May - 2012

Well, crap.  It has been a while since anything was posted for our group and I see that Blogspot has changed up everything.  So maybe this will show up or maybe not.  But here goes.

I always check the obituaries to see if my name is there.  That way I know what I should do for the day.  If my name were to appear, I would know that I really don't have to do anything that day.  Or probably the next either.  Anyway, my name wasn't there today, so here I am.  And I am having to be extra careful because for some reason, the space bar doesn't actually work (or perhaps it is user error - horror the thought) every time I push it (or think I push it).  So everything I type takes longer.  Just because of a faulty thumb.  Or maybe keyboard.

A lot has happened since our last posting here.  Our core group of faithful spinners and knitters can be depended on to show up for our once-a-month spin and grin.  We thank Bill Stearman for sending out the announcement each month.  We wish he didn't live so far away so that we could have his sense of humor in person.

Our host with the most, Stephen, had surgery in May and he has lost over 50 pounds so far!  He is starting to look very svelte.  He has had some rough times during this process, but his good humor and sparkling personality has remained intact.  Even though television noise in the hospital made him hurt.  I still can't figure that one out.

May
Linda continues to be a knitting machine!  She brought an afghan (textile item) that she has started and she usually has several finished items for show and tell.  Sharon brought a sweater (gorgeous) that she is knitting - and I might add - after completely frogging another one because there was not quite enough yarn to finish it.  Elizabeth Zimmerman is smiling about that, I am sure.  She is the one who taught me that it is not a problem to tear something out and re-do it if you have to.  So kudos to Sharon!  Maggie brought her lovely shawl which is approaching completion and Dawn brought the beginning of a crocheted sweater.  And thanks to Sandy for bringing some freebies and some for-sale-cheap yarn and fiber for us to fight over.  We had a very small group - intimate is the correct word - and most of us got a lot done as a result.

Pre-May
Unfortunately, I can't remember last week, let alone last month or before that.  All I know is that we have had a good time, learned a lot, seen a lot of wonderful knitting and crocheted items, laughed a lot, eaten a lot, and been inspired by other members of the group.  I am not making any promise to do a better job on our blog, but just perhaps it will happen. 

I am going to give a plug to our author-in-group, Suzie has published three books so far and has several more in the works.  I have read all three, and am anxiously awaiting the next ones. 

And another plug for Dawn whose store "Pearls" has opened for business in Gobles.  The store is open Thursday through Saturday each week.

Our next spin and grin will take place on June 24.  Hope that we will see everyone there!

No comments: